As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post contains affiliate links.
5 Weeks, One 19" Suitcase: My Real-Life Italy Packing & Laundry Setup
![]() |
| Climbing Mount Etna with Mr Bear! This is exactly why you need rugged clothes instead of delicate linen. |
![]() |
| My SwissGear carry-on suitcase —the ultimate MVP that glided seamlessly across rough cobblestones. |
Surviving 5 weeks with one tiny bag means every item must earn its place. This SwissGear Carry-On Suitcase (#ad) was the ultimate MVP, fitting exactly into the strict overhead limits and gliding smoothly across old train stations without failing. FYI - No room for a spending spree!
![]() |
| Fitting 5 weeks of daily outfits into one small floor layout —every single item had to earn its place. |
My Baggallini Essential Laptop Backpack (#ad)
came in at 25 lbs.
![]() |
| My trusty Baggallini backpack—compact but strong enough to comfortably carry my laptop and camera gear |
![]() |
| Mr Bear helping me double-check the packing list and travel documents before heading to the airport! |
suitcase to meet the strict two-carry-on limits. I used it once we got to Rome
and throughout the days in Sicily. Mr Bear had his own Eataly Cotton
Tote for his travels, and hiding out.
![]() |
| Keeping my valuables 100% secure during busy walking tours with my anti-theft Baggallini sling bag. |
Here is the unvarnished reality of how I pulled this off. I specifically booked Airbnbs stating they had a washing machine and a drying rack. Their bodywash and shampoo might be missing from their provided list, but a washing machine was necessary! I brought Bermuda Laundry Sheets for those that might not provide detergent.










No comments:
Post a Comment