Enter SN Designs Co | The Creative Life of Sandra Newman: Tropea to Tivoli: Surviving My Rome Train Transfer

Search This Blog

July 29, 2026

Tropea to Tivoli: Surviving My Rome Train Transfer

 

A Rome Train Transfer

Mr Bear wearing sunglasses and a purple sweater sits by the window on a train traveling Tropea to Tivoli
Mr Bear's Train Ride to Tivoli

Train trip to Tivoli was another adventure. I had booked my train from Tropea to Tivoli and completely understood I had to change from Frecciarossa 9658 in Rome Termini to Regional 19762 in Rome Tiburtina for train to Tivoli. The problem, I had no idea how long it would take, and where to go. The most stressful part was that even the conductor on my train from Tropea to Rome could not tell me where I needed to go. Once again, I was on my own trying to figure out another Italian train transfer. Very important FYI: Italian police and security are more than willing to help you out. I even had one escort me to Metro B!. 

For anyone making this trek, Rome Tiburtina is about a 23 minute ride by Metro B from Rome Termini, and depart about every 8 – 9 minutes. You could also take a taxi, bus, car, or even a bicycle for transportation to Tiburtina.  Once I got inside the station, discovered the mutiple levels, long corridors, and the distance between platforms,  I was thinking - "Oh, I am so lost. I'm going to miss my train." For my train, Regionale Veloce 4732, with unmanned information booths, it took almost 30 minutes to get to the track, only to discover at the last minute, there was a track change and I had to run to catch my train. Yes, it showed up on time but left 15 minutes late. 

Getting to Tiburtina was the Easy Part

Tiburtina is a new, very large modern complex, with limited signage. Hurrying with my luggage, finding not one active information desk, and simply finding the correct track became an adventure of its own. It took nearly thirty minutes from the time I entered the station until I finally reached the correct platform. When I finally boarded the train, I felt more relieved than excited.

Rome Tiburtina occupies about 18,000 square meters and is much more than a railway station. Inside are shops, restaurants, offices, VIP lounges, and even spaces for art exhibits.  While it serves as one of Rome's major transportation hubs, it is also designed as a place where people can meets, shop, and socialize.

No comments:

Post a Comment